Monday, September 14, 2009

Welcome!

This is my new blog regarding my learning how to Irish dance. Starting tonight, I will be taking classes every week with the Columbus Celtic Dancers, an adult Irish step dance troupe in Columbus, Ohio. Under the encouragement of my friends, I have decided to keep a blog of my adventures in learning how to do Irish dance. This blog will include entries from practices, performances, and everything in between.

Just for your own information, I have never taken Irish dance classes before. The closest I've come is a DVD I bought this past spring called "Jean Butler's Irish Dance Masterclass" that I work with every so often. Yes, part of my fascination with Irish dance and culture stems from "The Pirate Queen," a musical that was on Broadway a couple years ago...but soon after I became interested in Irish dance, I started watching Riverdance videos and other Irish dance videos on YouTube. I quickly gained an appreciation of the art. So...now that I'm graduated from college and have some free time, I decided it was time for me to take the leap.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment